Total Spex Appeal
There are many reasons why you should wear sunglasses. Most importantly, a good pair of glasses with strong UV protection help keep your eyes safe from the sun’s damaging rays. This can help to prevent future problems, such as glaucoma, cataracts and macular degeneration, which can lead to blindness. For some people who are sensitive to light, sunglasses can prevent headaches and migraines trigged by the sun. Also, a cool pair of shades are a great way to accessorize your outfit and make a bold fashion statement. With so many colors, shapes and styles to choose from, there is a pair for every look…and one is never enough!
1) Brighton-Rock the yacht club like you own it in these nautical sunglasses. You’ll love these Brighton Seascape Anchor, Sun Fashion Sunglasses. The lightweight plastic frames are embellished with anchor details at each temple and accented with Swarovski crystals. Available at Fresh Produce, located at Coligny Plaza.
2) Swell Alani-For the love of the planet, try a pair of these sunglasses made from sustainably harvested bamboo. The multi-layer, polarized, polycarbonate, smoke-colored lenses are impact resistant and lightweight. Best of all, they float! Available at Lettrs, located in Main Street Village, HHI.
3) Blue Planet- Visualize Change when you purchase a pair of Blue Planet sunglasses, as you are buying to give. For each pair sold, Blue Planet donates a pair of reading glasses. You can’t go wrong with classic aviators. These gold-framed, blue mirrored, polarized lenses look as good as they feel. Available at Copper Penny, located at Shelter Cove Town Centre, HHI.
4) Vera Wang- In love with the latest in vintage fashion and Marilyn Monroe style swimsuits? These high-fashion Vera Wang sunglasses are a must have for the retro fashionista. You are sure to be the talk of the town, or the beach, with these crimson colored, full-rim, square frame glasses. Available at SunGate Medical Group, located at Pembroke Dr., HHI; William Pope Dr., Bluffton; and Kemmerlin Ln., Beaufort.
5) Tom Ford- Looking for that classic Jackie O. look? Check out these Tom Ford sunglasses with tortoise shell frames, embellished with a shiny rose gold metal T logo on each temple. Made in Italy, these smooth shades exude class and style, while offering 100% UV protection. Available at Optical Solutions, located at Hospital Center Commons, HHI.