Incorporating even one healthy habit on a daily basis can put you on a path to a healthier lifestyle. Really all it takes to get started is becoming aware of your body and its needs. Once you develop one healthy habit, it is sure to lead to others. Plus, chances are, that new healthy habit will more than likely replace an old, bad one.
We asked local business owners in Coligny Plaza on HIlton Head Island what their favorite healthy habit is. Here’s what a few of them had to say:
“I try and start every morning with a meditation, workout, and green shake. This morning I jumped rope, lifted weights and made a smoothie with frozen mango, banana, kale, and peanut butter. It helps me feel energized and ready to take on the day!”
–Jamie Burns, The Spice and Tea Exchange of Hilton Head Island
“I start my mornings off everyday with a protein shake! This morning’s was blueberry and strawberry!” –Amie Baima, Owner, Skillets Café & Grill
“To stay centered in the middle of the excitement of owning a restaurant, when we need to take a break we hit the water and disconnect from the world! We love to bring along chicken salad, make a picnic and enjoy our family, all while experiencing the Lowcountry.” –Erika Warnosky, Owner, along with husband David, Sandbar Beach Eats
A few daily healthy habits to consider:
• Broccoli contains twice the vitamin C of an orange.1
• Lemons contain more sugar than strawberries.1
• Honey is the only edible food that never goes bad.1
• Ginger can reduce exercise-induced muscle pain by 25%.1
• The three A’s—almonds, avocados and arugula— can boost your sex drive and improve fertility.
• Hydration is key for a good complexion. Drinking enough water also makes you less prone to wrinkles.2
sources: 1rileychildrens.org; 2thegoodbody.com
Take care of your body.
It’s the only place you have to live.
Top 5 To-Dos for Your Health:
1. Eat a healthy breakfast.
2. Substitute healthy snacks for junk food.
3. Get enough sleep.
4. Drink at least 64 ounces of water daily.
5. Take a daily walk—even a short one.