Here are 10 small ways to volunteer and
make a difference this Earth Day:
1. Clean up a local beach.
Over 14 billion pounds of trash are dumped into the ocean each year. Help clean it up.
2. Plant a garden at your home or school.
Another fun way to give Mother Earth some love this Earth Day!
3. Scan your neighborhood for litter.
Encourage your friends and/or family to do the same!
4. Sign an environmental action petition.
Earth Day is the perfect time to sign a petition about a cause you believe in.
5. Start a conversation.
Conversations open up the floor to new ideas and positive change.
6. Help restore bird habitats.
Make your community friendlier and more inviting for all creatures.
7. Buy a reusable water bottle.
Did you know that more than 60 million plastic bottles end up in landfills every day?
8. Plant a tree.
Get your hands a little dirty and volunteer to help restore the balance between natural habitats and the communities of people living in them.
9. Clean vacant lots in the community.
Buy a few trash bags and spend a half hour cleaning a vacant lot.
10. Unplug and spend time outside.
Go on a walk, a bike ride, or sit on a park bench and simply admire the world around you.